Sports Medicine Education
Did you realize that about 90 percent of all sports injuries do not need surgical treatment? A rehabilitation program or physical therapy recommended by your physician at Methodist Sports Medicine can be tailored to your needs.
Those who do suffer injuries requiring surgery can rest easy knowing our fellowship-trained sports medicine physicians will expedite diagnosis and treatment to reduce your time away from the game. We are an excellent resource for anyone who wants to become active or begin an exercise program. We offer you:
- Pre-participation physical examinations
- Injury assistance management
- Care of sports-related and general medical needs for athletes
- Special care for elderly and youth disabilities
- Education and counseling about illness and injury prevention
- Coordinating care with other members of the sports medicine team, such as athletic trainers, physical therapists, and other medical and surgical specialists
- Sports Performance enhancement through our partnership with Indiana University Health Sports Performance
- Concussion Management through our preferred provider status with ImPACT
- Pediatric/Adolescent Sports Medicine
No one is more dedicated than we are to lifelong fitness and wellness, or to helping athletes prevent illness and injury.