Orthopedic Occupational Therapy
Methodist Sports Medicine integrates a specialty occupational therapy group within the practice. We focus on each individual’s needs, providing customized care so our patients get better results with fewer appointments.
Our orthopedic occupational therapy group works closely with the practice’s surgeons, physical therapists, and durable medical equipment specialists to provide continuity of care throughout your recovery.
Using the latest research, techniques, and treatment options, we coordinate your care from start to finish so you get better, faster.
Our occupational therapists are multi-credentialed specialists. Each occupational therapist is also a Certified Hand Therapist (CHT) through the OPTA. By using various types of treatment methods designed for each specific condition as well as in various methods and types of injury, we integrate our expertise to achieve better outcomes for each of our patients.
Highly Specialized Services
At Methodist Sports Medicine, orthopedic occupational therapy includes a variety of highly specialized services and treatments, including:
- Custom Splinting Splinting protects and stabilizes the body while healing and strengthening progress. We make custom splints—including for upper extremities—on-site.
- Augmented Soft Tissue Massage Our trained staff uses a variety of techniques to help muscles heal, break up scar tissue, and increase mobility.
- Dry Needling This non-invasive technique decreases muscle tension and helps to manage pain.
- Cupping Cupping helps decrease inflammation, increase blood flow, and manage pain.
- Kinesiotaping Strategically taping muscles reduces swelling and improves joint health, while also reducing pain.
- Isokinetic Testing Using a Cybex machine, we test the strength and functionality of individual muscles to allow us to build more targeted treatment plans.
- Hand Therapy All of our Occupational Therapists are also certified in hand therapy.
Occupational therapy is available at our Indianapolis-Carmel, Greenwood, and Bloomington locations.
Let's Troubleshoot. (317) 817-1200