Methodist Sports Medicine is consistently recognized as the leading orthopedics practice in Central Indiana. We seek professionals who are as determined as we are to deliver exceptional, high quality patient care, get players back in the game, and advance the future of orthopedics and sports medicine.
If you share our passion for providing the best possible care in the treatment of shoulders, knees, hips, hands, wrists, elbows, feet, ankles and other highly mobile parts, Methodist Sports Medicine may be an exceptional career destination for you.
We have an opportunity for a qualified and experienced Physician Assistant to assist a high volume orthopedic surgeon through clinical and surgical responsibilities. The candidate must demonstrate a strong desire to practice patient-centered medicine; an eagerness to work with team members; a high degree of initiative, discretion and judgement; an ability to multitask and effectively manage competing demands; and an overall commitment to excellence. Work is performed in a medical office, outpatient surgical center and/or hospital setting.
Primary duties include, but may not be limited to:
- Surgical first assist
- Routine hospital rounds
- Pre/Post-op education
- Post-op care and follow up
- Patient correspondence and documentation
- H&P on new/return patients
- Wound cleaning/dressing changes
- Assisting with minor office procedures
- Test and clinical appointment scheduling
- Surgical scheduling and clearance
- Insurance authorizations/precertifications
- Peer to peer reviews
- Minimum one year orthopedic and/or surgical experience required
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program
- NCCPA certification
- Indiana licensure or willing to obtain
- Travel within the Indianapolis area
Qualified applicants should send a Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com. An employment application is also available for download at Methodist Sports Medicine – Careers.
Methodist Sports Medicine is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.