- Northwestern College (IA '12
- University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine ‘16
- Emergency Medicine Residency, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics ‘19
- Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics ‘20
- Board Eligible, American Board of Emergency Medicine
- Medical License, State of Indiana 2020 - present
- Medical License, State of Iowa 2016 - present
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) 2016 - present
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) 2016 - present
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) 2016 - present
- Research Resident of the Year, University of Iowa Department of Emergency Medicine 2019
- Society of Academic Emergency Medicine (SAEM) Excellence in Emergency Medicine Award 2016
- Dulap Sportsmanship Award, Northwestern College 2012
- National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) Co-SIDA First Team Academic All-American, baseball, second base 2012
- Great Plains Athletic Conference (GPAC) Gold Glove Award, second base 2011 & 2012
- New York Collegiate Baseball League Second Team All-League 2011
- National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) Honorable Mention All-American, baseball, second base 2011
Negaard, M; Kruse, RC; Wolf, B; Hall, MM. [Abstract] Diagnostic Utility of Ultrasound and MRI When Evaluating the Medical Elbow in Baseball Players. Clinical Journal of Sports Medicine. 2020 March 30(2).
Slayman, T; Negaard, M; Kruse, RC. Diagnosis and Management of an Atypical Plantaris Tendon Injury in a Division I Football Player: A Case Report. International Journal of Sports Science and Medicine. 2020;4(1): 010-013.
Marcussen, B; Negaard, M; Hosey, RG; Smoot, MK. A case series and literature review: Isolated traumatic first rib fractures in athletes. Clinical Journal of Sports Medicine. 2020 May;30(3):257-266. PMID: 30015636
Negaard, M; Vakkalanka, JP; Whipple, MT; Hogrefe, CP; Swanson, MB; Harland, KK; Mathiasen, R; Van Heukelom, J; Thomsen, TW; Mohr, NM. Concurrent proximal fractures are rare in those with distal forearm fractures: A national cross-section study. Western Journal of Emergency Medicine: Integrating Emergency Care with Population Health. 2019 Sept 20(5): 747-759. PMID: 31539332
Negaard, M; Thomsen, TW. Simultaneous bilateral patellar tendon rupture. American Medical Society for Sports Medicine; Leawood, KS [internet]. 2018 June 2.
Negaard, M; Assimacopoulos, E; Harland, K; Van Heukelom, J. Emergency medicine selection criteria: An update and comparison. AEM Education and Training. 2018 April 2;2 p.146–153. http://doi.org/10.1002/aet2.10089. PMID: 30051081
Negaard, M; Anthony C; Bonthius D; Jepson M; Marcussen B; Pelzer D; Peterson A. A case report: Glycopyrrolate for treatment of exercise-induced hyperhidrosis. SAGE Open Medical Case Reports. 2017 August 8;5. PMID: 28835822
Negaard, M; Peterson A. A feared, but uncommon injury in a high school football player. American Medical Society for Sports Medicine; Leawood, KS [internet]. 2017 May 20.
Negaard, M; Hogrefe CP. Case Study: Per-cyst-ent pain in a weightlifter. American Medical Society for Sports Medicine; Leawood, KS [internet]. 2015 April 9.
Other Medical Contributions
-Contributor to the American Academy of Pediatrics COVID Return to Sport Guidance
-Contributor to MDCalc
-Author and Contributor to Academic Life in Emergency Medicine
-Miller, Daniel G; Negaard, M. First Person: Six Tries to Get the Diagnosis Right; Emergency Medicine News. 2019 January Vol 41 Issue 1.
-Chapter Author, Myths in Emergency Medicine Volume 2
-9 National Conference Presentations